Levoit LV-H132 Review 2019 – The Best Budget Air Purifier
- 1 Levoit LV-H132 Review 2019 – The Best Budget Air Purifier
- 1.1 BETTER FOR
- 1.2 HIGHLIGHT :
- 1.3 QUIRKS :
- 1.4 Properties and characteristics
- 1.5 What is fascinating about Levoit LV-H132?
- 1.6 Characteristics of Levoit LV-H132
- 1.7 How Does it Look & Feel?
- 1.8 Does it reduce dust and remove tobacco, pet or diaper odour?
- 1.9 Similarities Between the LV-PUR131 and LV-H132 Air Purifiers
- 1.10 Levoit Air Purifier Maintenance
- 1.11 What is the sound level of your Levoit LV-H132?
- 1.12 Who should buy the Levoit LV-H132 purifier?
- 1.13 Does it have an ionizer?
- 1.14 How can you use it?
- 1.15 How does it relate to other models?
- 1.16 Levoit LV-H132 : Conclusion
If you’re looking for an air purifier under $100 that the Levoit LV-H132 is definitely worth looking at. Not only is it very affordable, but this air purifier also has a nice appearance and offers some exceptional features. It is also compact and adapts perfectly to other modern aircraft models. This is certainly rare in a price range below $100. Therefore we took the opportunity to do a Levoit LV-H132 review.
Most of us like how refreshing the air is, don’t we? Many attempts are being made to purify the highly polluted environment, but did you know that you can create an original environment in your living room by using products from Levoit, a manufacturer of health and safety equipment? The Levoit LV-H132 works as an aerodynamic system that allows users to purify the air in small spaces such as the bedroom or the office.
The LV-H132 probably doesn’t look strange on a desk or in a high-quality bathroom, because it has a soft and attractive blue light. And that’s good news, because it’s perfect for small spaces. Levoit recommends that you simply place the cleaner in a place that is less than 90 square meters for best results.
We also appreciate that the air purifier is equipped with a three-phase cleaning system and some intelligent features of the more expensive cleaners.
This air purifier is the best solution for a consumer who wants to remove smoke, dust, skin flakes, skin flakes, pollen and mould spores from his home environment.
An air purifier would be your answer if you are tired of allergies that attack from time to time, acquiring a dry throat when you wake up, and in case you are not able to afford the prices of other air purifiers.
- Small rooms (office, laundry room, bathroom, small bedroom, closet, etc.)
- Desktops and counters
- Budget conscious buyers (Affordable cleaner and replacement filters)
- Modern/contemporary design Cosmetics
- Low cost stage
- Compact dimensions (9,7″ x 9,8″ x 14,6″)
- No more ionizers or UV-C light (no more harmful ozone).
- Pilot function (2 levels)
- Quality texture (nice weight of 6.6 lbs)
- Easy to install and use
- 2 year warranty
- The coverage is a bit small (86 square feet / 8 square meters).
- Can use some more activated carbon (if you are a smoker)
- Levoit recommends that you simply place it 15 inches in the wall.
Properties and characteristics
- Power supply: AC 120V / 60 Hz
- Classified power: 28 W
- Location of application: 8 m² (86.1 ft²)
- Supplies LV-H132 Sound level: ≤ 50dB
- Levels LV-H132 CADR: 40CFM (68m³/h)
What is fascinating about Levoit LV-H132?
At first glance, this can be an attractive air purifier. If you want a brand new, white and curved look, you might prefer the look of the model. But it is only the tip of the iceberg that makes the Levoit LV-H132 so fascinating.
A small intriguing detail is that the pilot light, a blue light that divides the top of the machine. I discovered this fascinatingly because I imagined, “Who needs this?” Looking back, it can be very useful for brown spots on the way to the bathroom at night. It can also be ideal for children who are not prepared for the full shade of sleep and for parents who are not afraid of the famous blue light.
Now, in order to obtain a more substantial quality of interest, the 3-step filter system. The primary filter is a pre-filter and the second is a real HEPA (yes, it captures particles of only 0.3 microns). The next one is the activated carbon filter for the pickaxe to reduce odours. In theory, this should include the most “small pieces” of air, from the smallest to the largest to the most fragrant. Later we’ll see if we can do it or not.
The unique size of the LV-H132 makes it an ideal addition to almost any room. Cylindrical in shape, it is 14.5 inches high and has a diameter of 8.5 inches. It only weighs 6.6 pounds.
Its compactness makes it discreet, but like its counterpart, the LV-PUR131, it requires about 14 centimetres of free space in walls, walls or other elements that can affect its accessibility in the air circulation of a room.
Installation is also easy. Dispose of the device out of its plastic packaging. A quick turn at the base of this unit removes the bottom plate and gives you access to this filter. Remove the plastic cover from the filter, replace it (again, tabs are provided to indicate that the filter surface should be outward facing) and reattach the base. Just plug it in and you’re ready to go. In addition to a complete manual, clearly published and comprehensible installation instructions are provided.
The LV-H132 contains three modes:
- One for the night
- One for continuous use throughout the day
- And also the highest setting for use in extreme conditions.
It will effectively remove 99.97% of the impurities from the air up to a size of 0.3 microns. This includes allergens, smoke, dust, fungi and odors from home and pets. Each setting is achieved by simply pressing the correct sensor with your finger.
The LV-H132 also comes with a pilot light on top of the unit. One button switches the light on again to dim the light and the other button switches it off.
Although night lighting is an intelligent key and can be very useful, it is also a little too bright, even in the darkest of settings. The light is really bright and cold blue; a softer and warmer light is suitable for a dark room. However, for people who do not obey the light, it is a pleasant quality.
In all the sets we used in our review of Levoit LV-H132, it was perfectly executed, especially in the artist’s studio where the smell of paint was spread.
In most situations, it eliminates odours and leaves the air clear and clean. From the bedroom to the lowest position, there was a quiet white sound that was conducive to sleep; even in the higher positions, the sound was not enough to interrupt sleep.
For daylight use, we left the device in the middle position. This has really helped to reduce dust and pet allergens from the bedroom, as at night breathing becomes easier with much less sine congestion and lung irritation.
Characteristics of Levoit LV-H132
Characteristic for this Levoit H132 is a basic air purification with the help of a simple and pleasant aesthetics.
The Levoit LV-H132 air purifier contains a three-stage filtration system, which will help remove a wide range of particles and cure various problems such as unpleasant odours, smoke or pet odours.
Given the dimensions of the air purifier, the amount of filtration phases is striking.
- Fine Pre-Filter — This filter covers all large particles flying in the air. Although the TrueHEPA filter can also treat them, large contaminants shorten the life of the filter. That’s why a pre-filter saves money. It protects airborne pathogens, large fungal spores, animal hair, etc. The pre-filter is not washable and therefore does not try to do this. You may damage the other filters. Change the pre-filter and the different filters every 6 to 9 weeks.
- TrueHEPA Filter – This filter treats 99.97% of particles with a diameter of 0.3 microns. This means that it protects the allergens, pollen and animal skin scales that make your life miserable. Air purifiers equipped with trueHEPA filters are an excellent choice for all environments. This filter should be replaced approximately every 6 to 9 weeks.
- Active carbon filter — This filter creates odours. Therefore, if you have a smoker in your home, prefer to cook dishes with exotic smells, such as large pets or other fragrances to take care of, this charcoal filter can treat them quickly. The filter should be changed every 6 to 9 weeks, depending on how often the device is used.
3 Speed settings.
The air purifier comes with three speed settings, depending on what you hope to achieve with the performance.
The device is equipped with two separate night-light settings, which means you don’t have to worry about waking up too bright when you have to sleep during surgery, which will help you with your allergies.
With its almost silent operation, this air purifier will certainly keep you awake at night.
No harmful side effects.
Since this cleaner does not use ions or UV radiation, it is safe to use, even if you have respiratory problems. By not emitting any harmful substances, you can keep the device running for longer without having to worry.
How Does it Look & Feel?
The Levoit air purifier is made in a small setup so that it can affect the environment as quickly as possible. The power of the product can be attributed to HEPA technology, which filters 99.97% of the impurities in the air you want to get rid of. This technology makes it possible to filter particles as small as 0.3 microns and improve overall health by purifying the PM 2.5 contamination. In this way it creates the best environment for pet owners, children and the elderly.
For people suffering from allergies and sinus congestion, this air purifier is ideal because the air passes through three filtration phases: HEPA, active carbon filters, but also good preliminary rounds. All these elements work together to reduce smoking, kitchen odor in your living room and pet odor.
The small machine occupies a living room of about 30 square meters. The control panel is easy to use and transparent to navigate; the automatic button automatically monitors the air quality in the room. The speed can be controlled by setting it at a low, medium or high filtration speed.
Does it reduce dust and remove tobacco, pet or diaper odour?
Removing dust is one thing that this filter seems to work well. That’s what it should do, since there will be three filters at the end. The pre-filter and the actual HEPA filter absorb contaminants of different sizes for maximum air purification capacity. On the official website of Levoit it says that the pre-filter “helps to apply bacteria, animal skin flakes, fungi and parasites in the air”. HEPA then collects “house dust mites, coarse particles and pollen”.
But do not choose the duration of the company, of course they will sing his praise. Critics are in favour of the dedusting section. Many people have noticed that the dust in their homes clearly decreases and can literally see how the dust accumulates around the machine.
Now, your smells. The 3-stage filter contains an active carbon filter that is particularly suitable for the removal of odours in rooms. Levoit’s website states that “cooking aromas, pet fragrances and cigarette smoke” are one of the crucial scents it targets. That sounds good, because the thick kitchen smells and annoying pets don’t make a new home. The owners of the model agree, and many of them were happy with the decrease in the number of air fresheners.
Despite its small size, the Levoit compensates for all defects by being very easy to use. Turn it around, press the on/off button and you’ll purify the air. You want to make it even quieter or make the fan even slower…. Simply press the fan button several times at one speed. If you only need a small amount of light, it is possible to switch from no light, in low light, to a fairly bright blue light by simply pressing the button on the lamp. When the filter needs maintenance, simply replace it and press the button that looks a bit like a sheet of newspaper. It’s about as simple as that… we’re not sure why they even include a manual.
Similarities Between the LV-PUR131 and LV-H132 Air Purifiers
The two units:
- Operation with a real HEPA filter
- Filter particles from 0.3 microns and larger, and filter the air pollution of PM 2.5.
- Have three filtration stages: Preparatory, real HEPA and activated carbon.
- Change the filter every 6 weeks or so
- Why are 100% ozone free, do not use UV rays or impurities that produce minute amounts of measurable ozone.
- Provide a 2-year warranty and lifetime support
- A color-coded light that indicates the quality of the air in the room.
Levoit Air Purifier Maintenance
Maintenance for this purpose is not a massive task for the Levoit LV-H132, but there are costs involved.
This air purifier has three filters, but when it’s time to replace them, they’re really sold in pairs, so you don’t have to worry about replacing the filters separately.
Levoit says the filters are designed to last about 6 weeks. In case you need to use this air purifier 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it can cost about $30-40 per year. It is possible to find the Levoit H132 replacement filters.
What is the sound level of your Levoit LV-H132?
The Levoit LV-H132 has three separate fan speed settings, with each setting producing a small variation in the amount of noise.
In the lower fan mode, the Levoit air purifier is currently about 40 dB and at the highest fan speed, the decibel level is closer to 53 dB (according to our tests at home).
Who should buy the Levoit LV-H132 purifier?
The Levoit LV-H132 certainly has its advantages and disadvantages, but in general it is a good choice.
The Levoit LV-H132 is the best for those who…:
- Have a small space: The LV-H132 is simply designed to handle spaces of about 86 square meters when you have a small distance, it works very well, but we do not recommend it for spaces that are much larger than that. If you have a larger space, consider the Levoit LV-PUR131 or even see additional air purifiers that we have tested here.
- I want to get value for money: If you’re looking for something that has a lower price, but does the job well and looks good, then the Levoit LV H-132 can certainly be a good alternative.
- You want an easy-to-use air purifier: the fundamental design of this Levoit makes it incredibly easy to understand and use. The tactile control is intuitive and the lack of bells and whistles makes it very easy to understand how to operate it. Just plug it in, choose a speed and it’s over.
Does it have an ionizer?
No ionizer to see here is good news. It’s been proven that ionisers produce ozone in your environment…. which completely removes the need for an air purifier. The aim is to obtain clean and pollution-free air, this is the task of the filters. This air purifier uses 3 filtration steps to purify the air.
How can you use it?
Like most air purifiers, Levoit is as easy as a cake.
When you open the box
- Remove the plastic from the filters and put them back in the unit.
- Find a place for your own air purifier with an electric output at your fingertips
- Make sure the unit is 15 inches from any object.
- Turn on the device and select the desired ventilation mode (1, 2 or 3).
- Play with the pilot light and decide if it will bother you or charm you.
Keep an eye on the filter’s reset button. When the light is on, check the filters and replace them if necessary.
How does it relate to other models?
Levels LV-H132 vs. honeywell HPA300
The most striking difference between these two models on the first Sight is the shape and colour: the Honeywell HPA300 is black and angular, the Levoit is white and curved. They are comparable in terms of style and maintenance when it comes to filtration.
The Honeywell has 2 filters (a real HEPA and a pre-filter), of which one or the other should be replaced instead of washed, exactly enjoying the Levoit. Levoit has a more complete filtration and does much better to reduce dust and allergy symptoms.
Levoit LV-H132 vs. Germguardian AC4825
The GermGuardian AC4825 is very similar in price to Levoit, but there are some important differences. Instead of 3 filters there are 2 filters (a HEPA filter plus a carbon filter) plus a UV-C light filter. UV-C light is designed to kill airborne bacteria and germs.
Both models have 3 speeds, adapt to small parts and neutralize odors. GermGuardian is larger in size (especially larger) and contains a similar weight. Levoit is white and GermGuardian is also embarrassing, which may seem like a small difference, but for many, aesthetics is important.
Levels LV-H132 vs. Winix 5500-2.
The Winix 5500-2 is a whole new world compared to this Levoit. This does not mean that it is always better, but it will have more possibilities to compensate for the higher price. This sounds in the first place as follows: that the Winix is rectangular, black and quite large. Winix has intelligent fantasy sensors that tell the machine which cleaning mode to use depending on the air conditioning.
The Winix has 4 fan speeds instead of the 3 of these Levoit. 3 Technically, the Winix has 3 levels of filtration, but they disagree. One of these filtration phases is a permanent filter device called “PlasmaWave Technology”. It works to break down the smallest amount of contaminants, odors and allergens. The other two filters and all Winix are: an authentic HEPA filter and a carbon filter.
Levoit LV-H132 vs molekule
The Molekule essentially blows other air purifiers out of this water, at a price and effect. It’s not to mention Levoit and it has colleagues who are not worthy, they certainly are not. It is only that the holes are very marked when you look at the Molekule. The exterior is made of a matt and elegant silver alloy, with a peach-coloured conveyor belt.
The Molekule has its patented cleaning technology, PECO, which in addition to filters also uses light technology. In essence, it captures everything, and on a ridiculously small scale. The CCEE is called catching particles 1000 smaller than the people who could catch a HEPA. Don’t feel bad for your Levoit, it’s all worth it when you need a good air purifier.
If you want the most advanced, advanced and sophisticated air purifier, then the Molecular Molecule is probably the only one…. if you have the money.
Levoit LV-H132 : Conclusion
The Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier has a score of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon, which shows the satisfaction of the majority of consumers. Among the men who rated it as an excellent product, said it was worthwhile because he had used it in his home, where two smokers use it, there was a significant increase in the amount of clean and refreshing air.
The product has also made a difference for people with allergies in the home. Another consumer in Arizona, a region where dust storms are common and where pollen from weeds, trees and grass are abundant, saw a much better environment.
On the back there were many complaints, such as the filter indicator which became conservative after only a few days of use. Another criticism was directed at the purifier, which cleans only a small area as a single component, so that some customers had to buy more than one purifier, but of course the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
In fact, we believe that it is more than capable of controlling all the smells or eliminating all the allergens that could cause you a problem, because we simply believe that it is really that good.
Why are there better choices? I totally agree. However, expect to pay double or even more for something that looks so good and purifiers better. If you want to compare something more expensive in exactly the same category, check out the Blue Pure 411. It’s a bit more expensive, but we believe it releases the Levoit in almost all aspects.
The Levoit LV-H132 is worth of money to those who
- You want to reduce food and smoke odors.
- Like the concept of a night-light.
- Need help with your allergy symptoms
- Don’t worry about a little constant illumination.
- Don’t mind the little white noises.
- Will be satisfied with accurate HEPA filtration.
- Rather a white layout
- Need a small price tag
- You want to see a reduction in house dust.