- 1 Overview
- 2 Description of the GermGuardian AC4825
- 3 Features and specifications of the GermGuardian AC4825
- 4 GermGuardian Filter AC4825
- 5 Look and feel
- 6 GERMGUARDIAN AC4825 SOUND
- 7 What are the disadvantages of owning GermGuardian AC4825?
- 8 How does it relate to others?
- 8.1 GermGuardian AC4825 versus AC5000
- 8.2 GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC5350
- 8.3 GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC4100 from GermGuardian
- 8.4 GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC5250PT
- 8.5 GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC4900CA
- 8.6 GermGuardian AC4825 vs Winix 5500
- 8.7 GermGuardian AC4825 vs Purezone
- 8.8 GermGuardian AC4825 vs Honeywell HFD-120-Q
- 8.9 GermGuardian AC4825 vs Honeywell 50250-S
- 8.10 GermGuardian AC4825 vs the Honeywell HPA100
- 8.11 GermGuardian AC4825 vs Coway AP-1512HH
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Where to buy GermGuardian AC4825 and how much does it cost?
- 11 FAQ –
- 11.1 Does the AC4825 produce ozone?
- 11.2 How difficult can it be to change the filter?
- 11.3 Why is the blue or red light flashing when I turn on the air purifier and how can I turn it off?
- 11.4 Do I want to change my filter?
- 11.5 How long is your warranty?
- 11.6 What is CADR?
- 11.7 How do I know when to change the filter?
- 11.8 What is UV-C light?
- 11.9 Why is UV-C light so powerful?
- 12 Conclusion
The GermGuardian AC4825 is a three-stage home air purifier manufactured by a company called Guardian Technologies. Guardian Technologies is a relatively innovative company that produces air cleaners, disinfectants, humidifiers and essential oil diffusers. In essence, they create small devices that create a pleasant atmosphere in your home.
Someone shouldn’t tolerate dirty and smelly air in the house and GermGuardian understands this. The AC4825 is a 3-in-1 air purification system specifically designed to ensure that the atmosphere in your room is free of many contaminants, so everyone can breathe freely!
GermGuardian has anchored Guardian Technologies’ air purifiers in the low-end market in the United States. The company launched its first classic GermGuardian, the GermGuardian AC5000, and is well received here. Guardian Technologies knows the capacity of this AC5000E unit and has designed a 22-inch version of the successful air purifier and reduced the price even further. Today we have a GermGuardian AC4825 exam to test one of the best and most popular air purifiers in the GermGuardian line of machines.
In case you’ve already done some navigation, you probably already know that the GermGuardian AC4825 is your best selling air purifier on Amazon. With a rating of 4.3 stars and more than six thousand comments, it is fair to say that the AC4825 is one of the best tested air purifiers on the market. This is great for anyone who wants proven quality and durability.
Here we’ve examined all the air purifiers under these sections. So we promise:
- We provide honest evaluations (for and against) so that everyone can be sure that they have the best choices.
- We do not exaggerate (and never exaggerate) a product to allow you to click on the links and buy this product blindly.
Description of the GermGuardian AC4825
The GermGuardian AC4825 comes in a beautiful 7×10.2×21.5 inch box. This air purifier is designed to remove allergens from the air it rejects. According to GermGuardian, this air purification system is effective in capturing 99.97% of the air pollutants.
The GermGuardian Cleaner is a three-in-one system that integrates the HEPA filter recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the American Lung Association to capture and remove dust, particles, pollen and odors from the air. One of the interesting features that really make it so effective is the soft UV-C disinfectant that kills bacteria trapped in the air of the filters.
The machine cleans the air in your home and all contaminants in the indoor air, making it allergen free and improving quality. This should be particularly interesting for people with allergies and asthma.
How can such a statement be encouraged? Well, the device overlaps several layers of security:
- A true HEPA filter mechanism that is ideally suited for catching plant plumes, spores, dander and mites, to name but a few.
UV light is acceptable to kill germs and viruses in the air. The AC4825 is equipped with a UV-based mechanism that removes viruses, bacteria and other germs. Thanks to the layers, this unit successfully eliminates rhinoviruses, streptococcus and E. coli to produce the atmosphere in your room without germs. UV-C light destroys these pathogens through an intelligent and energy-saving mechanism.
- UV light is acceptable to kill germs and viruses in the air. The AC4825 is equipped with a UV-based mechanism that kills germs, bacteria and other germs. Due to the special layers, this unit effectively eliminates rhinoviruses, streptococcus and E. coli to produce the atmosphere in your room without germs. UV-C light destroys these pathogens with an intelligent and energy-saving mechanism.
- Odour-reducing media. Pets and regular household activities can be a source of smells. If you do not reduce this terrible smell, the environment around you may become unpleasant. The AC4825 is designed to reduce unpleasant odours in your room and create an original environment. This system uses a carbon filter to remove odors and smoke particles from your room.
Features and specifications of the GermGuardian AC4825
The AC4825 is the item that has the best value of Guardian air purifiers. The capacity of the unit is exactly the same as that of other units, which cost up to three times as much. The main reason why this device belongs to the top of its class is that it is a quality air purifier that costs less than comparable models. The multiple purification technologies used in this system clean the air of all impurities.
- Room size score: 167 ft2 (moderate room)
- UV-C germs Killer Light
- Titanium oxide odour remover
- 3-speed fan control
- Genuine HEPA filter with active carbon filter
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) evaluations: Fabric (118), pollen (125), smoke (108)
- Verified by AHAM and Energy Star certified.
- Setting the silent fan
- Replaceable UV lamp
- Two-part fan fans
- Simple rotary knob operation
- On/off push button for UV change
- Reminder of filter change
- UV lamp replacement indicator
- 3 year limited warranty
- Replacement filter: FILTER B (FLT4825)
- Power consumption: 55W (max. fan speed)
- Carrying handle
- Weight: 8.65 lbs
- Cord length: 6 ft.
- Position of the control: at the top.
- Size: 6.75 x 10.25 x 10.25 x 10.25 x 21.5″.
- 22-inch plastic lathe of 22-inch
- Soft UV-C
- Steps 7″ x 10″ x 10″ x 10″ x 10″ x 10″ x 22″.
- 3 year limited warranty
- Cleans up to 99.7% of the dust.
- Cleans allergens to an accuracy of 0.3 microns.
- Recommended for small and medium sized parts
- Removes fungi in the air.
- Combats household odours such as nail polish, pets, smoking and cooking.
GermGuardian Filter AC4825
GermGuardian AC4825 Includes a 3 in 1 air purification system with these air filters as below:
- Pre-filter – By mixing with the activated carbon filter, this air filter layer can remove most of the large polluting particles and reduce odours created by smoke, cooking and pets.
- True HEPA Filter — GermGuardian AC4825E uses an authentic HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of microscopic allergens, dust and mould spores up to 0.3 microns.
- UV-C Light – With a UV-C lamp, GermGuardian AC4825E can kill bacteria, viruses and fungal spores in the air.
The Germ Guardian AC4825 contains an activated carbon pre-filter that is a thin layer of activated carbon. This pre-filter is connected to the HEPA filter. The last two are placed at the front of the UV-C light. The AC4825 air purifier offers three levels of air filtration to ensure that most air pollutants are treated.
The 2 filters are combined into one filter package and are assembled. They are replaced by a year about every 8 weeks and are carried out at exactly the same time. The travel costs are about $30. The HEPA filter segment of the AC4825 is made of a dense and folded fibrous material. Another section, the activated carbon pre-filter/filter, is responsible for capturing larger particles in addition to odours and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in the atmosphere. It is effective for an excellent filter capacity and works very well. The filter can capture almost 100% of all particles in its own airflow up to 0.3 microns!
The High Efficiency Particulate Filter (HEPA) is excellent for eliminating the most common air quality problems, especially those that cause allergies. The HEPA filter captures 99.97% of the particles that pass through it up to a size of 0.3 microns.
GermGuardian AC4825 is powered by an identical True HEPA filter from Guardian Technologies, FLT 4825 filter-B HEPA to help capture the smallest contaminating particles as small as 0.3 microns, including dust, dust mite, pollen, animal hair, scales and other allergens. The same version as the larger version – GermGuardian AC5000, GermGuardian AC4825 also has a pre-filter with a connected activated carbon coating to reduce smoke and odours. In addition to these normal filter layers, GermGuardian AC4825 supports a UV-C lamp to improve the ability to kill fungi and viruses. This means that it is able to capture microscopic elements.
Here’s the basic list of air contaminants the AC4825 can remove:
- Pet skin flakes
- Animal hair (thanks to the pre-filter)
- Dust mite allergens
- Dust and dust
- Building particles
- Remnants of smoke
- Smoke scents
- Chemical and natural fragrances
- Chemical vapours
Look and feel
We have to say that we find the design very beautiful, contemporary and serious. So far, I haven’t come across an air purifier designed like this Germguardian. Of course it has to do what it’s done for, but in my opinion, design is also important because you don’t need an air purifier that will spoil your interior design. In addition, the AC4825 has a very useful new feature that many other air purifiers don’t have, it’s the filter change indicator light and UV-C spare light if you don’t have to remember the last time you changed your filter to get the cleaner running at an optimal level.
Note that you can have the white version of the air purifier, under the title GermGuardian AC4825W. Our test version is a black version, but thanks to the Guardian Technologies manual, both air purifiers work to exactly the same specifications. So if you are looking for a GermGuardian AC4825W exam, you can even read our exam now.
The AC4825 is built with a good quality and feel ABS plastic housing and has a low gloss black finish. The top is finished in matt silver with a satin black shirt section around the controllers.
One of the first things you see when you have GermGuardian AC4825 in your home is that, despite its 22-inch height, the design of the air purifier is completely the same as its older brother, GermGuardian AC5000.
Follow this layout language, this 22-inch air purifier is prepared with a front air outlet and a suction grille from the trunk. This timeless airflow is the exceptional quality of the GermGuardian air purifier, to increase the efficiency of its own fan.
In addition to the GermGuardian AC4825, you’ll find a dual control panel with AC5000E, with a single UV light button, on/off button, fan speed switch and LED filter change indicator.
The Germguardian AC4825 is extremely quiet when placed on a low speed fan and a little noisy when you’re a high-speed enthusiast. If there’s one thing missing, it’s a remote control.
With about 7 pounds, GermGuardian AC4825 air purifier is much lighter than the CDAP4500BCA which weighs 9.45 pounds. With a relatively small size, the GermGuardian AC4825 is compact and therefore easy to carry around in the home.
GERMGUARDIAN AC4825 SOUND
By using exactly the same 3 fan speeds as its big brother, the noise level of the GermGuardian AC4825 is much better than that of the modern device which generally contains 5 fan speeds. A smaller size reduces the size of the fan and thus reduces noise, but only at the highest fan speed.
- The low speed (#1) is really quiet enough, and useful to sleep when you are a light sleeper.
- Medium (#2) is really not that strong. It’s barely noticeable when I’m watching YouTube or listening to audio.
- High (#3) has a moderate amount of sound and can be masked by the sound of your TV or radio. However, it is quite striking, but not very strong.
At its lowest setting, the noise level of the GermGuardian AC4825 remains at 40 decibels, which is higher than most standard air purifiers on the market. For example, the AeraMax 300 is only 35 decibels, the SilverOnyx can only be 25 decibels, or the Winix 5300-2 with only 28 decibels.
By pressing the UV button at the top, you can activate the sprouting attribute. It is an excellent addition that is not found in many competing products.
In addition, it is perfectly quiet and does not cause any noise or side effects.
When the lamp is on, the blue cut on the underside of the silver shirt section lights up in blue to indicate that the lamp is working. This technology uses the science of ultraviolet (UV) light to influence microbes in the atmosphere, combined with titanium dioxide to remove pollutants in the air.
However, when you switch to the maximum setting, the noise level of the GermGuardian AC4825 is only 55 decibels (db), which is lower than the 60 db current of the GermGuardian AC5000 or GermGuardian AC5350B. This is still close to the noise level of the public restaurant, or one air conditioner per 100 feet. But even better is better.
However, the sound level of the air purifier has not performed very well in quiet places, you will always notice a very clear sound, especially when you are running at the maximum setting. Therefore, we believe that GermGuardian AC4825 is still not acceptable for your room or office.
|Off (room noise)||39.3|
What are the disadvantages of owning GermGuardian AC4825?
- Not suitable for large rooms. This system is only ideal for small parts. Their air cleaning efficiency is reduced when the device is used in relatively large rooms.
- Cosmetic fragrance. A large number of consumers pointed out that the machine produces an unpleasant “plastic” odour. Such users believe that a system designed to purify and refresh the air should not produce odours.
One of the main disadvantages of the GermGuardian AC4825 is that it has a small window at the top that allows UV light to pass through. This blue light is really disturbing in a dark room. It’s not perfect to try to see a movie or sleep. And this light is safe to look at, it’s just a poorly thought out design feature. The easiest way to avoid blue light is to turn off the UV rays by pressing the top button, but you don’t get the benefits of UV rays that sterilize your air! Nowadays some people put dark tape on the window, which blocks the light very well. I advise you to use electric tape or black canvas tape.
Some people are worried about ozone emissions from the GermGuardian AC4825’s UV-C lamps. Luckily, that’s not a problem. UV lamps emit light at a lower frequency than that likely to emit ozone. The GermGuardian AC4825 is an ozone free machine!
Some men and women who bought the GermGuardian AC4825 say that they have red flashing light directly from the box. Don’t worry, there’s no problem with your machine. All you have to do is reset the light by pressing and holding the button for 3 to 5 seconds. When the indicator is reset, it’s better to go!
Another common complaint that some people have is their GermGuardian AC4825 comes with an air intake problem. They say the air only comes from one side of the machine. There’s nothing wrong with the machine, that’s how it works! The design of the fan inside means that it only blows air on one side.
In general, this air purifier is remarkable. It contains a genuine HEPA filter and activated carbon pre-filters, which process most household odours, but which are bad for removing smoke and VOCs. In addition, this unit is not designed for large areas, so you can’t expect it to purify the atmosphere in large spaces.
How does it relate to others?
GermGuardian AC4825 versus AC5000
The only difference between the GermGuardian AC4825 and the AC5000 is its size and cost. The AC5000 is 28 inches high compared to the AC4825 22 inches high. The manual indicates that the AC5000 can be used in rooms up to 193 square meters, approximately 14 by 14 meters. It goes without saying that most people today, like the AC4825, use it in even larger rooms. I would recommend 1 AC5000 for every 900 square metres of floor space. The “big brother” of the AC4825, the AC5000E is almost identical, with the exception of the space management and the UV-C lamp. It is also an excellent addition to your home. Don’t forget to take a look at my detailed comparison if you are considering the AC4825, but you do have a lot of space!
In case you don’t know, the AC5000 is almost identical except for its size (almost 28″ high) and a much better protection of the component. It is also an excellent large format air purifier and is recommended for rooms up to 193 square meters (medium-large).
Same as the AC4825, it has a UV-C pathogens kill attribute, although the layout of the lamp differs.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC5350
The difference here is a bit of quality and size. The AC5350 is exactly the same size as the AC5000 in 28 inches high and can handle about 1000 square meters of floor space. One of the advantages of this AC5350 within the AC4825 is that it is a beautiful digital display that gives you more control. The AC5350 has five power levels, while the AC4825 has only three power levels. And I know that beauty is in the eye of the viewer, but the AC5350 is just a more aesthetic model. Of course, you pay a lot more for these extra functions.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC4100 from GermGuardian
There is a big difference between the GermGuardian AC4825 and the AC4100. The AC4100 is extremely small, with only 11 inches. That’s half the height of this AC4825. The small AC4100 is designed to sit on a table or desk and is designed for confined spaces. The AC4100 should only be used for distances of approximately 100 square meters.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC5250PT
GermGuardian’s AC5250PT is very closely connected to the AC5350 and is 28 inches high, compared to the AC4825 in 22 inches, allowing it to clean a larger area. In addition, it has a digital display and other configurations, such as five power levels. The AC5250PT can also clean a part a little faster than the AC4825.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs AC4900CA
The only difference between these two units seems to be the classification. The AC4900CA is slightly more minimalist and geometric than the AC4825.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Winix 5500
There are several differences between the two models. First of all, you’ll notice that they look very different. Winix is flat and wide, while GermGuardian is high and thin. Winix also has some additional features compared to GermGuardian, such as a timer and setting the power too high. One significant difference is that the Winix has a remote control so you can control the power setting anywhere in the house. However, these differences have a price. You can buy almost two GermGuardians for the purchase price of this Winix 5500.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Purezone
Purezone and GermGuardian AC4825 have a number of differences. The Purezone is a desktop or tabletop model designed for small spaces. Although much smaller, Purezone is slightly more expensive than the AC4825.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Honeywell HFD-120-Q
There are big differences between Honeywell and GermGuardian. The big difference is that Honeywell doesn’t have a HEPA filter. The GermGuardian HEPA filter captures 99.97% of the particles, while the Honeywell filter does not. The advantage of the Honeywell is that the filter is permanent and washable.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Honeywell 50250-S
The big difference between GermGuardian and Honeywell is that Honeywell does not use UV light to kill bacteria and fungi as GermGuardian does. The Honeywell 50250-S uses a HEPA filter like the GermGuardian and does a great job with particle filtration, but does not have the germination power of this AC4825.
GermGuardian AC4825 vs the Honeywell HPA100
The closest competitor to the AC4825 is in my opinion the Honeywell HPA100. It has some characteristics that GermGuardian does not have, even if it is missing in some areas. It is also available in a white version. The room size policy is 155 square metres.
Some of the attributes that the HPA100 offers to the AC4825 are not:
- Electronic touch control
- High-speed turbo control
- Automatic switch-off timer
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Coway AP-1512HH
GermGuardian AC4825 vs Coway AP-1512HH germ protector vs Coway
The Coway AP-1512HH uses a HEPA filter, just like GermGuardian, but has no UV light to kill germs and fungi. This is an important advantage for GermGuardian and for people with allergies or who are vulnerable to airborne diseases. 1 An important difference between these two models is that Coway is much more expensive than GermGuardian. You can buy almost 3 AC4825 for the purchase price of a Coway.
The GermGuardian AC4825 is a great product! The AC4825 can clean and purify the air in a way that its rivals cannot and for a price that rivals cannot beat. After installing the GermGuardian AC4825, the atmosphere in your home will be clean and tidy in less than a day. This thing is ideal for homes that smoke, people with pets, people with allergies, or just anyone who wants to have a much better life in their own home. I recommend the GermGuardian AC4825 three in an air purification system if you are looking for an air purifier for your home.
Where to buy GermGuardian AC4825 and how much does it cost?
GermGuardian AC4825 is available in most stores. You can find it in Walmart, Target, Lowes, Best Buy and Amazon. It is priced at $99.99, but you can usually find it cheaper on Amazonia, where costs can fluctuate. To get the GermGuardian AC4825 on Amazon, click below.
Does the AC4825 produce ozone?
Some people wonder if air purifiers can cause headaches. As I explain in more detail in this informative article, a filter-based air conditioner, as you can see here, does not produce emissions that can cause headaches or other unpleasant reactions.
The UV-C option is completely closed and you do not risk being exposed to the UV rays of the skin. The AC4825 is completely safe and healthy because it does not create dangerous ozone levels.
The truth is that it generates 1/20th of the amount deemed acceptable by Health Canada’s 2010 guideline based on acceptable exposure levels and time.
You are completely safe and don’t have to worry about ozone when you use it.
How difficult can it be to change the filter?
Filter replacement is easy and only takes a few seconds. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it is.
Basically, it’s just a few simple steps:
- Press the release latch on the back of the cover.
- Pull the cover down and remove it (there are 2 tabs on the bottom of the slots).
- Pull out the filter with your fingers and remove it by pulling it down.
- Replace the filter with the opposite movement.
- Place the cover tabs on the bottom.
- Turn the cover upwards and replace the release latch.
Why is the blue or red light flashing when I turn on the air purifier and how can I turn it off?
The air purifier comes with indicator lights that blink automatically when it is time to change the UV-C filter or lamp. If the LEDs flash the first time you turn on your air purifier, reset the GermGuardian AC4825 by pressing and holding the UV button for at least 3 to 5 minutes before the LEDs stop flashing. Your air purifier is now set up and ready to use!
Do I want to change my filter?
Yes, it is proposed to change the filter (FILTER B/FLT4825) every six to nine months, depending on the use of this air purifier.
How long is your warranty?
The warranty is 3 years. For more information about warranty, please refer to the warranty section of your GermGuardian AC4825 documentation.
What is CADR?
CADR stands for “Clean Air Delivery Rate”, which suggests that the amount of filtered air supplied by an air purifier is the amount of filtered air. The CADR ratings show the effectiveness of the air purifier in capturing fine particles of harmful elements such as cigarette smoke and plant pollen in the room.
How do I know when to change the filter?
It is wise to change the combined filter every six months, depending on usage, to maintain a maximum level of air purification. After changing the filter indicator from white to dark grey or black, the filter must be replaced with a new filter. If the filter is still white, it does not need to be replaced. You can buy GermGuardian AC4825 filters on Amazon here.
What is UV-C light?
UV-C is part of the spectrum of ultraviolet light that is filtered through the global atmosphere. The “C” stands for the special frequency of UV light that eliminates germs and bacteria.
Why is UV-C light so powerful?
UV-C light is extremely effective in penetrating thin-walled germs such as viruses and bacteria. Light changes the genetic structure of the germ and they will eventually die.
A powerful air purifier you’ll love to own. No wonder it’s one of today’s most popular models.
The GermGuardian AC4825 is a simple tower air cleaner with simple operation and good air purification capacity. Some features are missing compared to more expensive models, but it is a better value for money. The coverage of the rooms (medium-sized rooms, 155 square meters) is much better than that of most competitors with similar prices. The quality and construction are very good; maintenance is not difficult to perform. It’s a quiet and pleasant purifier to hear in my own tests.
Pre-filter/HEPA filters work well to remove particles and odours from the air. The UV-C attribute is a bonus alternative for killing germs. One of the most popular air purifiers of today, it is a sensible and sensible choice for fresh air. The GermGuardian AC4825 is a highly effective air purifier that is ideal for relatively small spaces. This system uses different mechanisms to ensure that different types of contaminants are removed before they reach your nostrils.
Regardless of the criticism levelled at this air purifier, it seems that the vast majority of users are satisfied with their purchase. As indicated in these lines, this ENERGY STAR certified device works so well to purify the air that some have said that after many hours of use it can make a difference in air quality. Other people have discovered it, which really helps to control the smells of pets and cooking. Apparently, it makes the atmosphere much easier to breathe. Other notable features of the GermGuardian AC4825 are its modern design and the fact that it runs smoothly at the low fan speed.
It has been optimized to provide your room with fresh, clean air, free of dust particles, fungi, fungi, fungi, smoke, odors, viruses, pollen and germs, to name but a few. Regardless of the relatively compact range and the occasional plastic smell you can smell in the first few days of the application, we are very satisfied with our evaluations and recommend them to you.
GermGuardian is one of the most reliable manufacturers of air purifiers. They produce quality products that fit within your budget. The AC4825 is available to almost everyone and its quality is unrivalled. Most users are happy with the machine because it absorbs dust, odours and other air pollutants well.
- Excellent air protection for its price range
- Verified by AHAM and Energy Star certified.Genuine HEPA filter + prefilter/active carbon filter
- effortless operation
- The UV-C characteristic kills germs.
- Integrated carrying handle
- Filter and UV replacement memories
- 3 year warranty
- Maintenance is easy to do
- Low operating noise
- Available in white version
- Individually replaceable pre-filter/active carbon filter
- Comes with a wide range of features that make this gadget a lot of the features that
- make this gadget a lot.
- Real HEPA
- Intuitive design makes operation effortless and effortless
- An integrated filter and a UV-C replacement light – this light starts flashing once.
- it’s time to replace some parts.
- Silent operation
- The UV-C attribute has no memory function.
- No attribute for automatic mode or automatic switch-off delay
- The blue light plate may be noticeable at a high sensitivity.
- The height may not be suitable for all users.
- Change in speed of the rotating manual fan
- You will need to buy filters from a third party to save money, because originals are
- more expensive.
- It may be necessary to use multiple units for distances much greater than the recommended 155 square metres.
- Has a plastic factory scent that lasts for some time.